Saturday, May 29, 2010

Get a crib-lift


I attend a weekly moms group for crawlers taught by an extremely seasoned lactation nurse, who has been telling all of us since the beginning to raise the heads of our babies' cribs with phonebooks. Apparently this can help with reflux when they're infants and teething when they're crawlers and who-knows-what down the road. Anyhow, I finally listened to her advice since our daughter was waking up several times in the night because of some nasty lateral incisors breaking through. I used some board books instead of phone books, which i end up stubbing my toe on pretty much every night. I'm considering buying some of these Baby Bed Blocks by Space Babies, but seeing that the shipping from Canada (carried by www.babyguru.ca) is more than the cost of the blocks, I may just accept the toe-stubbing as part of my nightly ritual and add it to the list of mommy-injuries I have suffered on account of my little teether.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a "duh" moment. I spent so long figuring out the best way to prop my baby up. I rolled towels under the mattress. I bought those silly triangle props with bumpers for her to sleep on. I tucked hard pillows under her ultimate crib sheet. And you're telling me, all I had to do was put some lifts under one end of the crib! duh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete