Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fresh Aire

When we moved into our current home one year ago, I decided to paint what would be my daughter's room since the half baby-pink, half baby-blue walls with duck border just didn't cut it for me. I knew I wanted to use a zero VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the air inside a home is, on average, two to five times more polluted than the air outside. One way to clean it up is to use paints that aren't full of stuff we don't want in our kids bodies.
Finding the right paint was easier than I thought, just around the corner at Home Depot. I ended up going with Freshaire Choice, a zero VOC (as opposed to "low" VOC) paint. They achieve zero VOCs by not only creating VOC-free paint, but VOC-free colorant. Speaking of colors, they have a great selection that you can check out at freshairechoice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment