Friday, April 22, 2011

Wishing you a Happy Earth Day with an offering of Green Toys

Yesterday morning, at 6am, when my dear daughter tends to wake up, I did a small inventory of some of the toys that have slowly been trickling into our house (via gifts from Grandparents and well-meaning friends) and realized there were lots of "invader" toys that do not meet my standards for the health of my daughter mixed in the bunch. So I got a basket and started gathering questionable plastic toys to put into toy lock-up and then took a look to see what alternatives I could find for them that were BPA and Pthalate-free. The skies opened up when I found safe versions of all the "no" toys in my reject basket. From the same people, Green Toys, who brought us the BPA-free tugboat made of recycled milk jugs I also found replacement "safe" versions of our play dishes and utensils, tools, trucks and other great safe toys are also available. They're now in my Amazon basket and I'm hoping they'll make it into yours too.
Read more at Greentoys.com and purchase at Amazon.com(Obsessed Moms gets a small percentage when you purchase through these links)
Tool Box
Dish Set
Tea Set
Happy Earth Day!

4 comments:

  1. Cute logo and that tool set would be a major hit in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check them out using this link. We have a major invasion of a plastic kitchen set I would love to replace with these. We have the greentoys tugboat and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green Toys are fantastic! Actually the entire process that goes into making a Green Toy happens in California (from the materials, labor, etc.) which is why our store (Summer For Kids) carries them. We're glad to see that they're catching on!

    Plan Toys and Educo are two more brands we like. They don't use plastic at all. Their toys are made from rubber wood, are dyed (not painted) and assembled with non-toxic glue. Both companies have tons of variety in the types of toys and make kitchen play items as well.

    If you don't mind me being too forward, I would love for you to check out our other safe products on our website. Our profits go to CALM and the TeddyBear Cancer Foundation. We also carry organic clothing, though most of our clothing is in store and not on our website.

    Thanks for the great post!
    http://www.summerforkids.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gymboree Play & Music carries a large assortment of the Green toys. They are located in Pinecrest, Kendall and the Village of Merrick Park

    ReplyDelete