Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tuna fish that isn't so fishy

I've been looking for a canned albacore tuna fish so that I can make my girl a nice little tuna fish salad sandwich, but almost all canned goods have the not-so-added benefit of having BPA in the can linings. I've made a habit of buying most of my other usually-canned goods (tomato paste, beans, peas, etc.) in glass jars or frozen bags instead. Tuna, unfortunately doesn't taste so great out of a frozen bag and isn't available in glass jars so my search went on until the other day when I picked up a can of Wild Planet sustainably and wild-caught albacore tuna fish in Whole Foods and read the back label to find that, wahoo, they use a certified BPA-free can.
Wild Planet tuna fish is also much lower in mercury than the average canned tuna fish because they use smaller troll-caught fish instead of larger and older (which means higher-in-mercury) line-caught fish.
Check out Wild Planet's website to read more. wildplanetfoods.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing...BPA is not for little bodies.

    ReplyDelete