Sunday, December 11, 2011

Protecting tiny eyes

Having battled with melanoma myself, I'm always worried about my daughter's exposure to the sun, especially living in Miami. She currently has a pair of sunglasses that have a band around the back of the head, but we just can't get them to stay on her head. The band is still a bit loose, so I won't blame the glasses, but she did used to have a pair of regular sunglasses that she seemed to enjoy wearing a lot more, until her mom somehow lost them.
In searching for a new pair, I came across Real Kids Shades. I like them because they detail their rigorous product testing program which assures all Real Kids Shades are CPSIA Compliant, CE Certified, and FDA Approved to provide 100% UVA and UVB protection. Just because glasses say they have UV protection, doesn't mean they do, and wearing glasses that lack sufficient protection is actually worse than wearing no glasses, since when behind a shaded lens, the retina actually opens, letting in even more dangerous rays to insufficiently protected eyes.
I ordered the Flex, for ages 3-7. They come in great colors and are a frame shape that I wish I could find for myself. Check them out at RealKidsShades.com

No comments:

Post a Comment