Monday, April 19, 2010

How do you take a shower?


A friend asked me this today and my answer was Merry Muscles. It's a little jumper designed by an occupational therapist to help with muscle development and coordination. When my daughter was smaller, she spent more time in it than she does now, since she's now more interested in crawling, but when she was tiny, I hung hooks in every doorway of my house and moved the jumper around to whatever room I was in. I still use it in the doorway of my bathroom to, you guessed it, take a shower. I put her in and sing Old McDonald while she dances and I have an awesome long, hot shower. Win, win.
They're made in Canada and are still in the same packaging from the 70s, when they were probably first designed, but are adjustable (you let seams out as the baby grows), made of baby body-hugging cloth and have a metal ring at the top to prevent head bonking on doorways.
http://www.merrymuscles.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment