Thursday, June 7, 2012

Getting the Green Stuff In

Why kids and veggies don't seem to get along, I'm not sure, but in my house, I have to drive a hard bargain to get anything green or yellow into my daughter's mouth. I've tried dinosaur-shaped spinach snacks. I've tried veggie soups. I've tried zucchini pancakes (they worked once until my daughter caught on). But in general, she just doesn't want to eat the green stuff.
When my pediatrician ordered blood tests for her, unfortunately, he found deficiencies in quite a few of the "green" areas, so he recommended a fruit and veggie supplement which he designed himself through his line of natural child supplements, Kids Wellness.
Brighter Horizons Wellness VeggieFruits is chock full of green foods with high ORAC (antioxidant) value vegetables, cleansing alkalizing grass juices, and a proprietary blend of fruits and berries. Sweetened with stevia and inulin (a natural polysaccharide and prebiotic fiber) the all-natural sweetness won't impact blood sugar levels the way so many other sweeteners do. I mix hers with a little water and her powder probiotics, since I also find that hard to sneak in. She doesn't like to drink it out of a cup, so I let her feed it to herself with a syringe. She loves it, so whatever floats her boat.
The reason I consider it to be truly innovative is because my daughter will actually take it. I've bought so many products that she'll have nothing to do with, so anything I can get into her and that provides her with so much great green stuff, I love.
Find it at kidswellness.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment